Bagel Recipe – the Slovenian Version
Easy to prepare, even more to enjoy it.
There are many variations of this bread, but it originally came from Poland, precisely from Poland Jewish, who spread the recipes all around the world. In Eastern Europe its one of the most familiar pastries. You can find Polish, Turkish, or Slovenian version. Slovenians absolutely adore bagels, they consume it in various occasions, for breakfast, on picnics, or for birthdays.
We have put together a list of the things that you normally need when baking delicious bread or cakes.
|Picture||Title||Description||Order on Amazon|
|Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)||mixing bowl||Yes|
|OXO Good Grips 11-Inch Better Balloon Whisk||manual whisk||Yes|
|M KITCHEN WORLD Heat Resistant Silicone Spatulas Set||rubber spatula||Yes|
|Reynolds Kitchens Parchment Paper Roll with SmartGrid||3 boxes of baking paper||Yes|
|6-Piece Nonstick Oven Bakeware Baking Set||baking trays set||Yes|
The following bagel recipe is a Slovenian traditional recipe, that my grandmother used to make all the time, during my summer vacations.
– 3 cups of white wheat flour
– 2/3 fresh yeast cube (1.2 ounces)
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1\2 cup of oil
– sesame seeds
- Put all the ingredients (except the sesame seeds) into a large bowl and mix until you get a compact structure.
- Form a dough and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Then take the dough and try to shape the bagels. While making a ring to create a bagel put water to boil and full the pot.
- When the water starts to boil slowly put bagel into a pot to cook for about 3 minutes (I used a strainer).
- Spill sesame on clean working surface and roll in the boiled bagel.
- Preheat the oven and align bagels into a baking tray to bake 30 minutes on 420F.
Are you tired ?I hope not, so you can comfortably accommodate and try this simple but tasty bread and maybe share this wisdom with someone else?
ENJOY! PRIJATNO! BON APETTITE!