Best Baguette Pan Reviews – Choose You Prefer
Choosing a fantastic baguette tray is necessary for baking delicious French bread at home. In the wild world of countless baguette trays it is easy to get lost. But if you know just what to look for then it is just a breeze to select the best one. First you have to figure out what kind of tray you need for that golden crust baguette.
Baguette bread has an oblong shape, bottom part is round and no straight pan can give your bread that shape. That is why the baguette trays have a different look than all the other pans.
Here is a list with the best baguette trays recommended by us. If you don’t want to read the reviews, then you can just go straight to Amazon from here.
Your baguette tray must feature these options:
- Easy clean up; once you oil your pans and heat them in hot oven, they start to build up residue. Your tray must be easily cleanable or it will be useless in no time.
- Good air-circulation; your tray must have little holes all around (perforated) to provide better air-flow while baking. Trays without holes will produce uneven baked breads.
- Non-stick; you should be able to remove the baked bread easily. If they stick then your bread will get ruined and your tray won’t live long! Look for the ‘non-stick’ label when buying.
Baguette is a steam baking bread with no fat or sugar in its recipe. It must be consumed within 12 hours of its production for best taste. Otherwise it might get a bit too chewy or hard. But the good part is that you can put the extras into freezer and they will be just as fresh as day-1 when you reheat.
Best Baguette Trays
Emile Henry Baguette Baker
- MADE IN FRANCE. Made of all natural materials and manufactured using Emile...
- GREAT SHAPE. Easy to use, the holes in the base and lid help the dough to...
- WILL NOT STICK. Thanks to the ribs, the dough will not stick, and the lid...
- GREAT CRUST. The holes in the lid help creating a thin, crispy crust so...
This one is by far the best baguette tray available for home baking. It resembles a Dutch oven pot but made special for baguettes. You do not have to worry about steaming the oven. The lid on the tray naturally creates steam from the dough, and your bread comes out crusty with golden color.
- Non-stick; ribs at the bottom helps release of the baked bread.
- No steaming necessary; makes great crust due to its lid.
- French made with all-natural materials.
- Comes in 3 different colors.
Chicago Metallic Commercial Non-Stick Perforated Baguette Pan
- CRISP GOLDEN BROWN BREAD EVERY TIME: The Chicago Metallic Perforated...
- SUPERIOR HEAT CONDUCTION AND EVEN BAKING: This pan is made from...
- NON-STICK PAN: This baguette pan is diamond-quality and has non-stick dual...
- MEASUREMENTS: Easy to store and fits well amongst other kitchen goods;...
- DISHWASHER SAFE: This pan is dishwasher safe, however hand-washing is...
This tray is more convenient if you are making a small dough; makes two baguettes each time. Air-circulation is perfect due to holes at the bottom and it is dishwasher safe.
- Perforated; holes at the bottom for even baking.
- Non-stick; has dual coating.
- Dishwasher safe
- Superior heat conduction; made out of heavy-weight aluminium steel.
Amagabeli Nonstick Perforated Baguette Pan
- Nonstick & Perforated: Amagabeli Baguette Bread Pan is non-stick; baguette...
- Heavy Duty & Food Grade Material: French bread baking pan is made of food...
- Long Sieze & 4-Well: French bread baking pan measures 15"X 13"X 0.98", each...
- Versatile & Delicate Baking Foods: This baguette form provides home bakers...
- Customer Care: Any concerns on this Amagabeli baguette loaf mold, baguette...
Perfect for making bakery style long baguettes. This tray is made out of eco-friendly materials and comes with a lifetime warranty. Special coating on the tray helps with the easy release of breads.
- Perforated; holes at the bottom for even baking.
- Non-stick; environment friendly coating.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Heavy duty; made of food grade carbon steel.
Silicone Baguette Pan – Non-stick
- High quality: Silicone bread molds are made of glass fiber and food-grade...
- HEATING EVENLY : Unique design with little holes on the mold, makes air...
- NON STICK : Never stick because of silicone performance , grease or...
- REUSABLE : Made of fiberglass and food grade silicone material, won't...
- GUARANTEE: 100% Money back guarantee, if there is any defects of this bread...
This one is not just for French baguette, you can also bake hotdogs, rolls and more on it. Even better, it says on the label that you can use it for 3000 times. Well, that is a lot of bread!
Use it in the freezer, dishwasher, oven or microwave. A super flexible multi-baker; all good as long as you do not throw it into fire. Perforated for better air-flow.
Silicone baking trays; gifts from Heaven!
Silicone pans are getting widely popular and there is a reason for it. They are extremely handy and so easy to clean. Better air-flow, lightweight, dishwasher safe, looks cool and more.
Benefits of silicone baking trays:
- They won’t break, crack or wreck (no rust).
- No need for non-stick sprays, oil, or corn flour dusting.
- They heat evenly, your bread will have the same golden color all around.
- Simply wash with water or throw it into dishwasher.
- Food grade silicone; non-toxic and odorless.
Crusty Baguette Recipe
An easy and delicious baguette recipe to go with these fantastic trays.
Ingredients (makes 4):
- Bread Flour: 600gr (21.2 oz – 4 cups)
- Dry Yeast: 3.5 gr (0.12 oz – half packet)
- Lukewarm Water: ½ cup (118 ml – 4 oz)
- Water: 1 cup (235 ml/8 oz)
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Mix the yeast in the lukewarm water and rest for 5 minutes. Add the flour and the yeast mixture into a bowl and stir with a spatula. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
- Take the dough onto your work surface and knead for 10-12 minutes. If using a stand mixer then use the hook and mix for 8-10 minutes.
- Once the dough is mixed then let it rest for 30-45 minutes or until it gets doubled in size.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and press down lightly. Fold it from the sides, and put it back into bowl. Let it rest for another 30-45 minutes.
- Repeat step #4.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and sprinkle some flour onto your work surface. Divide it into 4 equal parts (use a scale if you like).
- Turn the divided dough into a rectangle shape by gently pressing on it. Then fold it towards you from its long side by rolling. Continue to roll the dough with your hands until it looks like a baguette. Put it onto greased baguette tray and repeat this for the rest of them.
- Let them rest for 30-45 minutes.
- Score with a sharp knife or use a kitchen scissors to cut 4 lines on the bread (not too deep).
- Place a pan inside the oven with boiling water or spray the baguettes with water to create steam. No need to if you are using a Dutch oven or similar. Bake them at 400°F/200°C for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Since baguette baking is one of the hallmarks of a skilled baker, you just need some time and little practice to perfect it. Remember, different flours absorb different levels of water. It also depends on your kitchen temperature and where you live. But don’t be encouraged, you will get over this quickly. Just bake a few times and you’ll know how much water your dough needs.
Baguette means ‘stick’ in French, and these stick-like breads make for great sandwiches. France even passed a law for them in 1920 which says the French baguette cannot be longer than 40cm and lighter than 80gr. You can have great crisp bread at home if you have the right tray and a good recipe. Be careful when buying your trays and check them for easy-cleaning, non-stick, and air-circulation options.