When I first heard of Bialy I thought it is a traditional Lebanese and Near Eastern bread, knowing they like to experiment putting different ingredients into bread, even soap. Then I’ve met a lady from Slovenia who told me that she also has a recipe for this interesting bread. I was impatient to make it, and when I first tasted it, I was amazed. Jozefa, thank you for this delicious Bialy bread recipe!
– 4 cups of strong white wheat flour
– 1 cup of oil
– 1 teaspoon of sugar
– 2 teaspoons of salt
– 1 fresh yeast
– 1 cup of milk
-1 glass of water
- Put the ingredients into a bowl, and mix to make a dough.
- Divide the dough into three buns, and leave them to grow for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the onions, spread it with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 of sugar, and fry on low heat.
- Put the buns on clean, mealy working surface, then take a big glass with flat bottom and oil it.
- Press the bead like you see in the picture.
- After that, fill the bread with the caramelized onions.
- Bake on 450 F for 25 minutes, or until it gets a fine brown color.
You should have tasty a meal if you followed the instructions. PRIJATNO!